Life tends to get just about everyone down at some point or another. And to be honest, we could all use a little morale-boosting these days. So, if you’ve been feeling down or unproductive lately, you’ve landed on the right spot. We’ve gathered a list of over 50 morale-boosting quotes that can give you the strength you need to keep going.
As an airsoft player and leader of our squad, I know how the right combination of words, at the right time, can instill incredible feelings along with a rush of adrenaline. And these inspiring words will help you tap into those reserves of strength and energy you likely didn’t even know existed.
Ready? Let’s dive in!
50+ Best Morale-Boosting Quotes To Keep You Energized And Productive So You Can Conquer The Day
1. “What could we accomplish if we knew we could not fail?” – Eleanor Roosevelt
2. “You don’t have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
3. “The sun itself is weak when it first rises, and gathers strength and courage as the day gets on.” – Charles Dickens
4. “Once we believe in ourselves, we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight, or any experience that reveals the human spirit.” – E.E. Cummings
5. “Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence win championships.” – Michael Jordan
6. “The truth is that you always know the right thing to do. The tough part is doing it.” – General Norman Schwarzkopf, U.S. Army.
7. “When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better too.” – Paulo Coelho
8. “We sleep peaceably in our beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on our behalf.” – George Orwell
9. “Courage is the most important of all the virtues because without courage, you can’t practice any other virtue consistently.” – Maya Angelou
10. “In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity.” – Albert Einstein
11. “The best way out is always through.” – Robert Frost
12. “You never know how strong you are, until being strong is your only choice.” – Bob Marley
13. “Well done is better than well said.” – Benjamin Franklin
14. “A hero can be anyone. Even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat around a young boy’s shoulders to let him know that the world hadn’t ended.” – Bruce Wayne
15. “You don’t always need a plan. Sometimes you just need to breathe, trust, let go and see what happens.” – Mandy Hale
16. “Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.” – Mahatma Gandhi
17. “The best way to predict your future is to create it.” – Abraham Lincoln
18. “I like the dreams of the future better than the history of the past.” – Thomas Jefferson
19. “If you’re going through hell, keep going.” – Winston Churchill
20. “There are two ways of exerting one’s strength: one is pushing down, the other is pulling up.” – Booker T. Washington
“There are two ways of exerting one’s strength: one is pushing down, the other is pulling up.” – Booker T. Washington
21. “I could either watch it happen or be a part of it.” – Elon Musk
22. “The secret of getting ahead is getting started.” – Mark Twain
23. “Doing the best at this moment puts you in the best place for the next moment.” – Oprah Winfrey
24. “Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I’ll try again tomorrow.” – Mary Anne Radmacher
25. “Everything you’ve ever wanted is on the other side of fear.” – George Addai
Leaders in any profession need to make sure that team morale is at an optimum level, and there is no institution in dire need of a constant morale boost other than the military because trainings and drills can get monotonous after a certain period of time.
Military leaders need to keep their squads motivated 24/7 and ready for any and all situations. The military has always relied on insignias and emblems in maintaining that esprit-de-corps within their squads. Hence, morale patches originate from the military and have played an integral part in uplifting the morale of military personnel.
Fun Fact: Did you know that John J. Pershing, a senior US army military commander, was one of the pioneers involved in creating morale patches for his units? Without him, the idea of morale-boosting, sports, military, or scouts patches might not have existed today.
Alright, let’s get back to these motivating morale boosting quotes.
Related: Best Ways To Boost Team Morale
26. “As long as they are well-intentioned, mistakes are not a matter for shame, but for learning.” – Margaret Heffernan
27. “Strength shows not only in the ability to persist but in the ability to start over.” – F. Scott Fitzgerald
28. “There are far better things ahead than we ever leave behind.” – C.S. Lewis
29. “Attempt the impossible in order to improve your work.” – Bette Davis
30. “We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.” – Aristotle
“We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.” – Aristotle
31. “Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else.” – Judy Garland
32. “The truth of the matter is that you always know the right thing to do. The hard part is doing it.” – Robert H. Schuller
33. “You wouldn’t worry so much about what others think of you if you realized how seldom they do.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
34. “Intelligence without ambition is a bird without wings.” – Salvador Dali
35. “Amateurs sit and wait for inspiration, the rest of us just get up and go to work.” – Stephen King
36. “What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls a butterfly.” – Richard Bach
37. “The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fail.” – Nelson Mandela
38. “You don’t have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great.” – Zig Ziglar
39. “When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.” – Henry Ford
40. “Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak. Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.” – Winston Churchill
“Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak. Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.” – Winston Churchill
41. “I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have.” – Thomas Jefferson
42. “The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience but where he stands in times of challenge and controversy.” – Martin Luther King Jr.
43. “Have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.” – Steve Jobs
44. “In a world that’s changing really quickly, the only strategy that is guaranteed to fail is not taking risks.” – Mark Zuckerberg
45. “How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world.” – Anne Frank
46. “Do the best you can. No one can do more than that.” – John Wooden
47. “If you think you’re too small to make a difference, try sleeping with a mosquito.” – Dalai Lama
48. “I now tried a new hypothesis: It was possible that I was more in charge of my happiness than I was allowing myself to be.” – Michelle Obama
49. “Stop being a prisoner of your past. Become an architect of your future.” – Robin Sharma
50. “Nothing is impossible, the word itself says “I’m possible!” – Audrey Hepburn
51. “A competent leader can get efficient service from poor troops, while on the contrary, an incapable leader can demoralize the best of troops.” – John J. Pershing
Enjoy reading these morale-boosting quotes when you need a push. For extra motivation, you can add some motivational mantras to the mix – whatever you need to get back up on your feet when you’re feeling low.
If you are a team leader, patches can also be a great way to boost the morale and enthusiasm of your team and create a healthy and competitive culture at the workplace. You can get creative and customize patches with logos and quotes to increase motivation and team spirit.
Hopefully, these morale-boosting quotes and ideas will help you go out there with confidence and a renewed vigor to conquer the day!
Leave a Reply