Henry Ford was an American entrepreneur and capitalist. He was the founder of the Ford Motor Company, which was responsible for bringing the automobile to the masses, and he was a pioneer of the automotive industry . With little schooling, a knack for mechanics, and big dreams, Ford would go on to become one of America’s richest industrialists in the early 1900’s.
That said, Henry Ford knew a thing or two about money and success. As such, we’ve rounded up some of the best Henry Ford quotes about money, success, and working together to achieve your aims. So, if you’re looking for a few of Henry Ford’s most inspiring quotes, you’ll find them here:
BEST HENRY FORD QUOTES
Henry Ford Quotes About Money and Wealth
This first section of Henry Ford quotes comprises of his best insights on money and wealth. It’s a small collection, but if you want what his best thoughts were on the subject of money, these pithy quotes will do the trick.
1. “Wealth, like happiness, is never attained when sought after directly. It comes as a by-product of providing useful service.” – Henry Ford
2. “If money is your hope for independence you will never have it. The only real security that a man will have in this world is a reserve of knowledge, experience, and ability.” – Henry Ford
3. “A business that makes nothing but money is a poor business.” – Henry Ford
4. “The people must be helped to think naturally about money. They must be told what it is, and what makes it money, and what are the possible tricks of the present system which put nations and peoples under control of the few.” – Henry Ford
5. “The highest use of capital is not to make more money, but to make money do more for the betterment of life.” – Henry Ford
“The highest use of capital is not to make more money, but to make money do more for the betterment of life.” – Henry Ford
6. “Money is like an arm or leg — use it or lose it.” – Henry Ford
7. “America is not a land of money but of wealth — not a land of rich people, but of successful workers.” – Henry Ford
8. “Money does not change people, it unmasks them.” – Henry Ford
9. “Time and money spent in helping men to do more for themselves is far better than mere giving.” – Henry Ford
10. “Everything comes to him who hustles while he waits.” – Henry Ford
11. “Wealth is nothing more or less than a tool to do things with. It is like the fuel that runs the furnace or the belt that runs the wheel — only a means to an end.” – Henry Ford
12. “All that money can do is buy us some one else’s work in exchange for our own.” – Henry Ford
13. “Money is worth what it will help you to product or buy and no more.” – Henry Ford
14. “There are two fools in this world. One is the millionaire who thinks that by hoarding money he can somehow accumulate real power, and the other is the penniless reformer who thinks that if only he can take the money from one class and give it to another, all the world’s ills will be cured.” – Henry Ford
15. “It has been my observation that most people get ahead during the time that others waste.” – Henry Ford
“It has been my observation that most people get ahead during the time that others waste.” – Henry Ford
Henry Ford Quotes About Success
Henry Ford’s great achievements clearly demonstrate that he understood the fundamentals of success and achieving one’s potential. He achieved what would about to many billions of dollars in today’s currency value, so when he speaks on success, we should listen closely. Here’s what he said on the subject.
16. “You may think the grass is greener on the other side, but if you take the time to water your own grass, it would be just as green.” – Henry Ford
17. “Quality means doing it right when no one is looking.” – Henry Ford
18. “Most people spend more time and energy going around problems, than in trying to solve them.” – Henry Ford
19. “Failure is only the opportunity more intelligently to begin again.” – Henry Ford
20. “Whether you think you can, or you think you can’t — you’re right.” – Henry Ford
21. “Anyone who stops learning is old, whether at 20 or 80. Anyone who keeps learning stays young.” – Henry Ford
22. “Vision without execution is just hallucination.” – Henry Ford
23. “If you always do what you’ve always done, you’ll always get what you’ve always got.” – Henry Ford
24. “There is no man living who isn’t capable of doing more than he thinks he can do.” – Henry Ford
25. “You don’t have to hold a position in order to be a leader.” – Henry Ford
26. “The greatest thing in life is experience. Even mistakes have value.” – Henry Ford
27. “Enthusiasm is the yeast that makes your hopes shine to the stars.” – Henry Ford
28. “There is joy in work. There is no happiness except in the realization that we have accomplished something.” – Henry Ford
29. “If there is any one secret of success, it lies in the ability to get the other person’s point of view and see things from that person’s angle as well as from your own.” – Henry Ford
30. “To do more for the world than the world does for you – that is success.” – Henry Ford
Henry Ford Quotes About Teamwork
Teamwork makes the dreamwork, so we’ve decided to sneak in this bonus section. Ford knew mechanics and systems, and there’s no better system than a group of people working together harmoniously for a common goal. So, if you’re interested in knowing what this icon thought about team work, then you’ll enjoy these Henry Ford team work quotes.
31. “Coming together is the beginning. Keeping together is progress. Working together is success.” – Henry Ford
32. “Obstacles are those frightful tings you see when you take your eyes off your goal.” – Henry Ford
33. “An idealist is a person who helps other people to be prosperous.” – Henry Ford
34. “When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.” – Henry Ford
35. “If everyone is moving forward together, then success takes care of itself.” – Henry Ford
“If everyone is moving forward together, then success takes care of itself.” – Henry Ford
36. “Nothing is particularly hard if you divide it into small jobs.” – Henry Ford
37. “Givers have to set limits, because takers rarely do.” – Henry Ford
38. “Don’t find fault, find remedy, anybody can complain.” – Henry Ford
39. “One of the greatest discoveries a man makes, one of his great surprises, is to find he can do what he was afraid he couldn’t do.” – Henry Ford
40. “Chop your own wood and it will warm you twice.” – Henry Ford
Henry Ford has for the most part been misunderstood to be a ruthless and hard-driving leader. But, his reputation stemmed from his perseverance and dedication to reaching the milestones he set out for himself to achieve.
Much like Thomas Edison, Ford stuck with things until he accomplished them, and he leveraged the talent that he surrounded himself with to reach his riches, and we can do the same.
Till you reach your aims,
PS – If you enjoyed these insightful Henry Ford quotes about money, success, and teamwork, then we have a hunch you’ll also enjoy reading some quotes from fellow billionaire industrialist John D. Rockefeller.
Leave a Reply